THE PRINCETON
TIGERLILIES

EST. 1971

 

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom
1/6

The Tigerliles were founded in 1971 by some of the first women at the University. One fall afternoon, Maria Danly '74 gathered an ensemble beneath Princeton’s 1879 Arch. They broke into song, filling the space with a four part arrangement of Ella Fitzgerald’s jazz classic, “How High the Moon.”And with that, Princeton's first female identifying a cappella group was born. The group has established its presence on a worldwide stage, performing in locales including Australia, Greece, Hong Kong, Japan, Switzerland, Thailand, and Bermuda. However, The Tigerlilies have also performed extensively across the United States in Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, New York, San Francisco, and, Miami. We have evolved over the past five decades, but our sisterhood and dedication to music remain steadfast. 

A LIL ABOUT THE LILS